Trivial things that have interested me so far whilst in
- Hanging my clothes out to dry ‘European Style’ on the clothesline outside our kitchen apartment window and (struggling to) have a conversation with an old Spanish woman the apartment across.
- The fact that the light switches in our apartment alternate between up and down for on.
- The roll-down blinds in every apartment that completely block out the daylight for an always successful siesta.
- The neatness and absolute complete use of all space in regards to placement of drawers and cupboards, particularly in the kitchen.
- The monotony of colour selection in the lighting store (all the lamp-shades were off-white).
- The level of drama and sexual connotation in the advertisements on Spanish television (so many condom adverts).